Mon, Apr 25|
Epic Facilitation: Skills for the Agile Workplace ICAgile-ATF (Late April Mondays)
Do you have meeting fatigue? Are you looking to get more out of each session? Can you imagine getting your team excited and engaged? If you are currently a Scrum Master, a Release Train Engineer, XP Coach, Agile Coach or Agile Leader – this class is for you! Learn More >>
Time & Location
Apr 25, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM CDT
About the event
Balanced Agility Facilitator’s class provides you with 5 - (3 hour sessions) of hands on experience in improving your facilitation skills. This highly interactive workshop with more than 40 hands-on activities is designed to build and improve your Agile team facilitation skills. We will learn and practice the fundamentals of facilitation and bring in concepts from cognitive neuroscience to improve how we engage others.
In this class you we will:
- Building off of Training from the BACK of the room we will explore how cognitive neuroscience research can help us engaging others in a more fun and exciting way to achieve more.
- Plan and conduct effective Agile ceremonial meetings at varying levels of team maturity so your facilitation can increase as your teams level of performance increase
- How to specifically facilitate the common practices of Agile Teams: release and sprint planning, daily stand-ups, reviews, and retrospectives, as well as project chartering and product roadmapping
- Group facilitation tools and techniques for effectively designing meetings and workshops that both engage the entire audience and drives toward agreed-upon outcomes
- Develop an appreciation for the art of facilitation as key to fostering collaboration and enabling self-organizing teams
- Diagnosing and handling dysfunctional teams
Out of this class, you will receive:
- A full tool kit of facilitation principles, techniques and practices, along with hands-on experience in their application.
- ICAgile - Agile Team Facilitator (ICA-ATF) certification