Sun, May 15|
Epic Facilitation: Skills for the Agile Workplace - Weekend May
Time & Location
May 15, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM CDT
About the event
Do you have meeting fatigue? Are you looking to get more out of each session? Can you imagine getting your team excited and engaged? If you are currently a Scrum Master, a Release Train Engineer, XP Coach, Agile Coach or Agile Leader – this class is for you!
Balanced Agility Facilitator’s class provides you with hands on experience in improving your facilitation skills. This highly interactive workshop with more than 40 hands on activities designed to build and improve your Agile team facilitation skills. We will learn and practice the fundamentals of facilitation and bring in concepts from cognitive neuroscience to improve how we engage others. We will go through the core agile meetings to give you a few ways to facilitate your teams at different levels of team maturity. Acting as a skilled and effective facilitator is a great step forward in building high performing Agile teams and in becoming an effective Agile coach.
This will be a remote experience occuring over a single weekend.
Prerequisites: any 2 day introduction to Agile or currently acting in the role of Scrum Master, XP Coach, Agile Coach or similar Agile execution leadership role.
In this class you we will:
- Building off of Training from the BACK of the room we will explore how cognitive neuroscience research can help us engaging others in a more fun and exciting way to achieve more.
- Plan and conduct effective Agile ceremonial meetings at varying levels of team maturity so your facilitation can increase as your teams level of performance increase
- How to specifically facilitate the common practices of Agile Teams: release and sprint planning, daily stand-ups, reviews, and retrospectives, as well as project chartering and product roadmapping
- Group facilitation tools and techniques for effectively designing meetings and workshops that both engage the entire audience and drives toward agreed-upon outcomes
- Develop an appreciation for the art of facilitation as key to fostering collaboration and enabling self-organizing teams
- Diagnosing and handling dysfunctional teams
Out of this class, you will receive:
- A full tool kit of facilitation principles, techniques and practices, along with hands-on experience in their application.